Drumcondra Castle and WH Byrne Building, Dublin
The refurbishment of Drumcondra Castle, a National Monument and the 1882 WH Byrne Building are part of the re-development of the St. Joseph’s National Centre for Children with Visual Impairment. The protected structures are retained and refurbished to accommodate new uses to provide administration, therapy and research spaces. They are fully integrated into the complex of new educational accommodation where old and new retain their individual identity adding richness to the campus and reflecting the long history of development on the site.
|Client||The Rosminian Fathers|
|Services||Lead Consultancy and Full Architectural Design Service|
|Status||Planning completed 2009|